The establishment of the department is in 1964.
Shri. S. Y. Hongekar, M. A. M. Ed. PGDTE, M. Phil. Ph.D.
Head of Department
Teaching Exp.: 23 years. (UG & PG )
Area of research: Literature
Recognised guide of S. U. Kolhapur for M.Phil. and Ph. D. Students
- Appointed as an expert of NAAC by the Quality Assurance Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra. to guide the colleges affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- Coordinator, NAAC Steering Committee, Vivekananda College, Kolhapur since the inception of NAAC.
- Coordinator, IQAC, Vivekananda College, Kolhapur since its formation in the year 2004.
NAAC guidance given to colleges: More than 45 colleges
No of colleges visited as Mock Peer Team Member: 10 colleges
Completed one Minor Research Project funded by UGC in 2010
Research Articles Published in National and international journals: 12
Research Papers Presented in National Seminars: 10
Resource person :
- National Conference at Ghali College, Gadhinglaj (2011)
- State Level Seminar at Shankar Narayan College, Mumbai.(2007)
- University and college level Seminars and Workshops: 43 times
- Lectures for the society till date: Total 201
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- Regional level : 36
- State level : 09
- National level : 15
- International : 04
Smt. Leelawati A. Patil, M. A. M. Phil.PGDTE (CIEFL,Hyderabad)
Designation: Asst. Professor
- Participated & Presented Paper in National Level Conference for English Teachers.
- Visiting Lecturer at Y.C.M.O.U., Mahaveer College, Kolhapur.
- Research Person towards the courses run by IGNOU ,SIBER,Kolhapur.
- Workshops,Seminars,Conference Attended-09.
- Presented papers in National seminar-04.
- Books Published -04
- Organizing secretary of two- day national conference in Language- The role of Langnage in Mass Media.
- Participation in four regional level workshops, two state level workshops, four state level seminars, four national conferences and two international conferences.
- Four articles published in National level Journal.
- Speeches delivered on Akkamahadevi, Lord Basaveshwara, Vivekanand and Meditation.
DR.KAVITA D.TIWADE (B.A. M.A)
Research specialization :
Title of Ph.D Thesis: Philip Larkin as a poet of vision a critical study
Minor Research project : U.G.C,pune Title of the project : Aspect of religion in Larkin’s religious poetry a special regard to Christianity a critical Assessment .
Seminars/ Conferences attended :
- One day seminar on areas of research in English literature Ichalkaranji 8th oct 2006.
- 51st All India English Teachers Conference Shivaji University Kop.27th-29th 2006 Research papers.
- The theme of time in Philip Larkin ‘s poetry.
- IX Annual Conference of SUETA Sangli 16th Dec 2007.
- One day state level seminar on new literatures in English Shahaji College 27th july 2008.
- State Level Seminar on new trends in teaching communicative English Karad 2008 paper presented on corporate communication.
- Attend a one day work shop on Modern Cookery, Koparde 12th Dec 2008 .
- Two days conference of SUETA Ichalkaranji 2009 paper presented on Christianity in Church Going .
- Short Term Course ,Train The Trainer Program as part of project Genesis Infosys BPO Ltd, Pune 27th Nov to 5th Dec 2010.
- One day workshop on Development of soft skills on 4th Jan 2011.
- UGC sponsored National conference on The role of language in Mass Media on 4th -5th feb 2011.
- One day workshop on Research held on 6th Feb 2o11 New College.
- UGC sponsored state level seminar on Feminist Reading of Postmodern Indian English Fiction Dahiwadi college 11th -12th Feb 2011.
- Two days conference of SUETA organized by The New College 11th -12th Feb 2011.
- One day workshop on Academic Performance Index ,organized by G.K.G college,Kolhapur on 29th Sept ,29th August 2011.
Research papers published :
1. History of the United states of America by Shivaji University ISBN 978-81-8486-286-7-2009.
2. Literature in English Poetry by Shivaji University ISBN-978-81-8486-387)2010.
3. Indian Streams Research Journal.ISSN :2230-7850)Subjugation of woman in silence ! The court is in the Session 2011.
Research papers communicated for publication:
1. Clarissa ,or The History of a Young Lady by Samuel Richardson.
2. Christianity in Church Going .
3. Articles Published in Daily News papers .
4. Worked as an examiner for elocution competition of Youth festival at Dahwadi, Rahimatpur in 2008,2009.
5. Worked as a proof reader for Golden jubilee Souvenir 2011.
Miss.Prachi A. Joshi, M.A.
Miss Vidya Desai. (B.A, M.A, M.Phil, NET)
- Miss. Rucha Shalgaonkar.
- 6th Rank in University Merit List.
- First Prize in UGC Sponsored Lead College Activities.
- Lead College Paper Presentation Competition at Kolhapur.
- Second in Critical Writing on “Feminism in Jane Austen’s Novel
- Miss. Supriya Patil –10th Rank in University Subject Merit List (2007-08)
- Supriya Patil, Ruturaj Kuldeep, Miss Rekha Nikam – First Prize in Magazine Competition organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Prashant Magdum – First in Biography Section- “Dr. Appasaheb Pawar – A Versatile Personality”
- Ruturaj Kuldeep – First in personal Essay “ Never Give
- Miss Arti A.Madhav- 4th rank in university merit list (2008-09)
- Miss Madhuri S. Pawar- 9th rank in universitymerit list (2008-09)
- Mr. Krishnath M. Patil- 8th rank in university merit list (2010-11)
- Miss Pooja L. Pawar- 1st rank university merit list (2011-12)